Terms and conditions
Light & Living is a wholesale company that sells only business-to-business. All customers are required by law to supply a state sales tax certificate.
- Orders can be placed via our website www.light-living.com, by email to email@example.com or our reps.
- For questions or other inquiries, please contact customer service at 805-988-4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orders written as HFC (Hold For Confirmation) at markets or with a rep will remain valid for 30 days unless a future ship date is specified. HFCs will be cancelled without notification in 30 days.
- All pricing is determined by qualification of customer as Standard Wholesale/Stocking Dealer or Designer.
- All orders and backorders will be shipped without prior notice, unless specifically required.
- Prices are F.O.B. Ventura, CA.
- Items are billed at prices in effect at time of order.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
STANDARD WHOLESALE/STOCKING DEALER PRICING:
- Retailers with a store-front location or design firms in a commercial delivery area can qualify for wholesale pricing, plus 15% freight, by meeting our minimum order requirements.
- Minimum opening order and re-order are $500 per shipment.
- If a re-order is under our $500 minimum, a $50 under-minimum fee will be assessed and standard freight will be applied to that order only.
- A valid resale certification, company letterhead, business card and sales rep verification of store front or business firm are required to purchase at wholesale pricing from Light & Living.
- Designer pricing is for designers who are a non-stocking designer, and/or not employed by a design firm.
- There are no minimum requirements when purchasing at Designer Pricing, and standard freight will apply.
- A valid resale certification and business card, along with credit card information, are required to purchase from Light & Living.
- All first time orders are shipped under PREPAID conditions (credit card or wire transfer). Credit cards are preauthorized when order is processed for picking and charged at the time of shipment.
- Customer authorizes any/all charges associated with their order to be charged on their credit card.
- Net 30 payment terms may be established after the first order and only upon approval of credit. Delinquent accounts are subject to interest charges and revocation of Net 30 terms. Delinquent accounts that are submitted for collection will incur an additional 20% collection fee and all associated legal expenses.
- There is a $30 fee for returned checks.
- Cancellation of backorders by the customer must be done in writing.
- Calling in or requesting a change or cancellation does not guarantee your order can be changed or cancelled as it may have already been picked or shipped.
- 15% flat freight rate for all over-minimum shipments within the continental USA.
- No freight quote can be given ahead of picking under-minimum orders.
- Customer can provide their own UPS or FedEx account number to ship any order.
- Light & Living will ship your order via common carrier or ground carton carrier. Unauthorized refusals of shipments will result in payment of all shipping charges and a 20% re-stocking fee.
- Special delivery instructions must be provided at time of ordering. Examples are: Inside Delivery, Delivery Appointment Needed, Lift Gate Required or Residential Delivery.
- Any ancillary charges incurred from the freight carrier will be the responsibility of the buyer. Light & Living maintains the right to send secondary invoices for charges determined by the delivering carrier.
- If you have your own account with a carrier, provide us this information at the time of ordering and we will book with your designated carrier.
INTERNET MAPP & IMAPP POLICY:
In respect for both our brick and mortar customers and e-commerce retailers, we request that all online pricing be a minimum of 2.5 times the wholesale price listed on our website. We cannot police prices across the internet, but do hope that everyone respects this policy and adheres to these guidelines. If you come across a retailer in violation of these guidelines, please let us know. Violation of this policy will result in Light & Living requesting the customer to cease and desist in said advertising or promotion. Additionally, Light & Living will discontinue accepting orders and/or shipping orders for said customer.
Some products in the Light & Living line are handcrafted using natural materials—therefore, no two products are identical and may vary in color, size or finish. We believe that this adds to the value and quality of those products. Small irregularities in shapes, surfaces and finishes are hallmarks of hand-craftsmanship and should not be considered defects.
Cowhide products cannot be matched for an order, as they can greatly vary in color and texture. The ‘family’ of gray can vary from white, light gray, gray to black; and the ‘family’ of brown can vary from cream, tan, brown to black. Texture can vary from short hair to shaggy and tone can vary from spotted to solid.
These items cannot be claimed for the reasons listed above.
If you are an existing customer, you can request login details online. Please note that login details are only issued to resellers in the lighting, gift and home accessories industry.
- Upon arrival your order should immediately be checked for any discrepancies or damage.
- If you receive a shipment with obvious freight damage, claims must be reported to the driver upon delivery. Note the damage on the bill of lading, and take a photo, as this will expedite the resolution of your claim with Light & Living. If you sign for the shipment without reporting any damage, you are responsible for all damages.
- Light & Living strives to provide our clients with high quality merchandise shipped with carrier-approved materials. We understand damages and defects may occur and we apologize for the inconvenience. Claims must be reported to Light & Living within ten (10) days of delivery.
- Photos of the damage and of any noticeable damage to the inner/outer packaging or cartons are mandatory in order for claims to be processed. Email item #, quantity and a description of the damage to Customer Service. All original boxes and packing material must be retained to have your damage claim processed.
- All returns, adjustments, deductions or chargebacks must be approved by Light & Living. A customer service representative will contact you within 3 working days once your damage claim form has been submitted.
- Unapproved returns will be refused, and you will be responsible for all shipping charges on returned items plus a 20% restocking fee.
- Any returned product shipped and received broken or damaged because of inadequate packing material will not be credited.
- Items returned and deemed to have no damage or defect will incur a 20% restocking fee per item along with freight to and from your company’s address.
- Returned items must be received completely unassembled and unused, in their original condition and packaging, complete with all materials. Refunds will be issued once we have received the item and it has been determined to be in like-new condition. In the event an item is returned in a condition where it cannot be resold, you will be charged full wholesale value of the merchandise.
Light & Living warrants its lighting products one year from date of sale against electrical defects.
By placing an order, the customer agrees to Light & Living’s Terms & Conditions.